An impressive 18th century chateau, with its outbuildings and its 450 ha of hunting grounds, in the midst of the Touraine region.
This property is 5 minutes from the A10 motorway, making it possible to reach Paris in 3 hours and Tours in 20 minutes, itself an hour from the French capital and 2 hours from Bordeaux via the TGV train. London is a 90-minute flight from Tours airport.
The 450 ha of the estate extends over four villages in the midst of the Touraine region, known throughout the world for its monuments, its vineyards, its gastronomy and its mild climate. This chateau stands in line with a driveway, almost 2.5 km long which divides a forest, predominantly planted with oak trees. This continuous property comprises a chateau, a garden, outbuildings, forests and grasslands.
The numerous buildings are all symmetrically laid out. The fully renovated chateau, spanning more than 800 m² of living space, stands in the midst of 10 ha of parklands with a French formal garden. The outbuildings on the west side include a set of buildings that have also been renovated, notably a large function area, a bar, several bedrooms with their own bathrooms, a swimming pool, garages, a workshop and several sheds.
The symmetrical outbuildings on the east side comprise the caretakers cottage, an office, a workshop, stabling for eleven horses, a tack room, an old press-house, a barn, the boiler room and several annex buildings.
Two round towers, dating from 1450, flank the chateaus main courtyard.
Completely separate from the chateau, a 15th century manor house, spanning 380 m², awaits restoration with several barns. An old hunting lodge, constructed around 1700, spanning 182 m², includes an area given over to making use of the estates wood as well as several large, farm sheds for storing the wood chips and a barn.
The 340 ha forest is predominantly planted with oak trees. Two lakes, spanning 2 and 3 ha, provide variety to the natural landscape, together with 100 ha of grasslands, paddocks for the horses, an orchard, a vegetable garden spanning more than 7,000 m² and an apiary; it has everything for the provision of organic food.
The chateauThis chateau, spanning more than 800 m² of living space, comprises a 2-storey central section, forming the main residence, and two one-storey wings set at right angles.
The basement houses a large wine cellar where 4,500 bottles can be stored.
The central section of the chateau, with 4.3 m high ceilings, comprises a large entrance hall, a study with parquet flooring, a fireplace and exposed beams, a dining room with a wall fresco dating from 1900, ceiling moulding and parquet flooring, a small, fully fitted, adjoining kitchen, a large dining room with parquet flooring and ceiling moulding, a lounge with a fireplace, parquet flooring, walls hung with embroidered fabric and ceiling moulding, a billiards room featuring wall panelling and walls hung with fabric as well as exposed beams and a library with parquet flooring, a fireplace and walls hung with fabric.
The west wing comprises a bedroom with parquet flooring, a dining room with parquet flooring, a kitchen and a lounge with parquet flooring.
The east wing houses a semi-professional kitchen with a cold room, a linen room and toilets.
A hall area on the first floor provides access to a bedroom with parquet flooring as well as its own bathroom and toilet, a second bedroom with parquet flooring, a relaxation room with a sauna and a Jacuzzi, a shower room, a toilet, a third bedroom with parquet flooring as well as its own bathroom and toilet, a fourth bedroom with parquet flooring and a painted wall fresco, a fifth bedroom with parquet flooring as well as its own shower room and toilet.
The west wing has been converted into three bedrooms, a bathroom and a ...
Wohnfläche: 808,00 m², Anzahl der Schlafzimmer: 15, Bundesland: Centre-Val de Loire